新葡亰平台的课程 is patient-centred; it will help you to develop the core competencies in medicine and nursing, gain key teamwork skills and understand the workings of the internationally admired NHS (National Health Service).
阿斯顿医学院 has successfully completed several stages of the rigorous 总医务委员会 approval process and has been approved for undergraduate recruitment starting from 2018. The GMC has now committed to undertaking a programme of further quality assurance, 包括每年的访问和跟踪第一批学生的进展，直到他们在2023年毕业.
新葡亰平台与一些精心挑选的NHS信托机构和初级保健提供者合作，他们为各种各样的社区和环境服务，如内城地区, 城镇和农村地区. This means you will encounter a wide range of patients and experiences, giving you an excellent foundation for your future medical or nursing career. 学习如何识别和管理广泛的情况，以及了解多学科医疗团队的重要性，将使您对临床实践有更广阔的视角. 了解更多.
Clinical Placements are an important part of your course. Much of your learning in years 3, 4 and 5 will take place in real life clinical environments. 与医务人员一起工作将使你获得第一手的经验，你将应用你在第一阶段已经获得的知识. You will be based in our partner organisations - hospitals, clinics and a range of medical facilities with a particular emphasis on primary care. 了解更多.
Nursing Studies (Registered Nurse Adult Nursing) BSc
You'll spend 50 per cent of your time on placement in the community, 在医院, 在新葡亰平台的技能和模拟领域, 培养有价值的动手技能. You will work with patients, carers, and other healthcare students and healthcare professionals. 就业机会包括地区护理, 全科医师护理, 整合社区团队, 内科和外科病房, 肿瘤学, 重症监护病房, 事故及急症组, 冠心病监护, 和手术室.
Please note that applications for the Spring/Summer 2022 recruitment of simulated patients are now closed. Many thanks to those who have been in touch to express their interest. 请关注这个空间，寻找未来的机会.
‘Simulated Patients’ are people who assist with the development and training of our medical students. 他们将扮演“真正的”病人的角色, giving our students the opportunity to practise their communication skills, 为他们未来的医生生涯做准备.
‘Simulated patients’ play a key role in the assessment of our students’ communication skills. Here you will be given a “brief” and asked to play the part of a patient in a role-play scenario. A student will then be assessed in carrying out a consultation with you, either with the aim of making a diagnosis or practising a particular aspect of their communication skills e.g. 表现出同情心. You will need to “act out” the same scenario multiple times with different students. You will also have the opportunity to give feedback to our students, 帮助他们变得熟练, 善解人意的医生.
‘Simulated Patients’ will help to train the next generation of doctors for the NHS, 他们中的许多人将在当地工作. We hope you will enjoy the opportunity to meet with other ‘Simulated Patients’ and our medical students. 新葡亰平台期望这将是一次有益的经验.
如果被录取的话, ‘Simulated Patients’ will employed on a casual worker basis and paid at a rate of £22 per hour.
We are keen that our ‘Simulated Patients reflect the rich diversity of our local community. 最低年龄为18岁, 但除此之外, we would like to hear from all interested parties irrespective of ethnicity, 教育水平, 年龄或以前的工作. 不需要之前的表演经验. 然而, ‘simulated patients’ should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Giving appropriate feedback (after receiving training in this area)
Those involved in communication skills simulation should also be able to:
- Learn and retain roleplay information from a short briefing script
- Respond spontaneously to questions from students in a roleplay scenario
At present, the majority of our assessments will take place virtually using an online platform. Therefore, you may be able to participate from the comfort of your own home. 然而, you will need access to a computer/tablet with a webcam and reliable internet connection in order to take part. A smaller proportion of our assessments will take place “in person”, 在这种情况下, you would need to attend the 阿斯顿大学 Campus.
You will be employed as a casual worker and invited to participate on an “ad hoc” basis. Assessment will be carried out over a series of dates in mid-May and mid-July. Nearly all of our assessments take place over full days (duration 8-10 hours) and you would be paid £22 per hour.
是的, 你将被邀请参加一个初步的介绍会，向你介绍阿斯顿医学院，并给你更多关于“模拟病人”项目的信息. 在与学生合作之前，新葡亰平台也会给你机会练习一些角色扮演的场景，并收到反馈. 此外，还将提供进一步的“在职”培训.
If you are interested in helping us with our work then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. 然后，阿斯顿医学院团队的一名成员将与完整的职位描述和申请表格保持联系. 如果您希望您的申请取得进展，那么有必要参加一个非正式的在线面试，以便新葡亰平台可以更好地了解您.
- 缺血性心脏病i.e. 心绞痛或心脏病发作
- Inflammatory Bowel disease (Crohn’s or Ulcerative Colitis)
- Peripheral vascular disease (a blockage in the blood supply to the leg)
目前的封锁限制使新葡亰平台的学生在医院或全科医生诊所实习时更难与患者进行非正式互动. 因此, there is a need for us to find other ways of helping them to understand what it is like to be a patient. 特别是, 对于新葡亰平台的学生来说，从科学的角度去了解他们所研究过的一些疾病的生活经验是很重要的. We hope that this will enable them to offer improved care to patients in the future.
参与者将被邀请通过与新葡亰平台医疗团队的一名成员的采访来描述他们的疾病经历:这将由新葡亰平台的学生观察. The possible topics to be covered will be discussed with you beforehand to ensure that you comfortable with them. We would not expect this to include any sensitive or personal matters. 面试将持续30-45分钟，其中包括学生提问的时间.
由于目前的COVID-19限制措施，所有会议和采访都将通过安全的在线平台进行, so you can participate from the comfort of your own home. 然而, you will need access to an appropriate device (e.g. computer/tablet with a webcam) and a reliable internet connection. Expert patients should be at least 18 years old but there is no upper age limit. 没有医学教育的经验是必需的，但你需要舒服地讨论你自己的健康.
We hope that being an Expert Patient will prove to be an enjoyable and rewarding experience. 你也会因为知道你帮助培训了未来一代的医生，并且提高了对自己健康状况的认识而感到满意, with the aim of improving care for others going forwards.
新葡亰平台与超过100家全科医生诊所建立了合作伙伴关系，并签订了服务水平协议，为本科医学学生授课. We are always keen to hear from enthusiastic GP colleagues to help to train the next generation of doctors!
非常感谢您审阅这些信息. If you are keen to sign up, please email Ashwin Patel: email@example.com
阿斯顿医学院 (AMS) welcomed its first students in September 2018. 新葡亰平台有69名一年级学生. AMS has been awarded government funding for 100 students from 2019.
When do students have clinical placements in Primary care?
第一年:为期两周的“观察性”实习, 观察多学科团队的广度. The students gain an appreciation of the delivery of NHS services, 培养他们的咨询技巧, appreciate the holistic assessment and management of patients, 培养他们的职业认同感
Year 2: Nine days 培养他们的咨询技巧, 考试技能, 以及诊断推理能力. Students are placed in groups of approximately 8 at the same site, 由他们的全科医生教育者直接授课
We have a wonderful opportunity to promote Primary Care and re-balance the workforce crisis we face, 医疗辅助队正在直接解决这个问题. 沃斯的报告(选择而非偶然)建议学生认识到全科医疗的广度和复杂性, have an increase in undergraduate general practice placements, and have positive and enthusiastic General Practitioner role models. 临床课程中致力于真实全科实践经验的百分比与随后的职业选择有直接关系. Whether students choose a postgraduate training route in General Practice or not, you will be directly contributing to training well- rounded doctors who value Primary Care. 医疗辅助队也会支持你的CPD.
The placement is an observational placement, and there are no tutorials to deliver. Students spend time with the breadth of the Primary Care team, including both healthcare and administrative colleagues. The aims of the placement include gaining an appreciation of the delivery of NHS services, 培养他们的咨询技巧, appreciating the holistic assessment and management of patients, 发展他们的职业认同感. 学生被分配到至少成对的位置(根据手术的规模，更多的人数). 实习周是周一到周五, 上午九时至下午五时(星期三下午学生返回大学参加运动/社团活动除外).
The GP Educator is overall responsible for the coordination of the placement, and providing individualised structured placement at the end of the week. 就业周的核心活动包括:
- Induction (a brief induction on Monday morning to include a meet and greet, 对实践的一般介绍, 参观, 健康和安全, 等.)
- Reception (observing patients and receptionist interactions, both from behind and in front of the reception desk; and spending time talking to patients in the waiting room)
- 纵向病人(由全科医生教育工作者特别挑选一名病人供医学生咨询:学生获得对疾病的生物、心理和社会影响的认识, and speak with the same patient in the second placement week in June, and then present the case in a poster presentation at the Medical School)
除了核心活动, the GP Educator also coordinates the timetabling of supplementary activities, depending on the services delivered at the GP surgery:
- Ancillary services such as audiology, physiotherapy, podiatry, 等.
The timetable for the second week in June can be replicated, and to include additional supplementary experiences wherever possible. 学生能够将他们在医学院一年级教学中积累的额外知识和技能融入到他们的学习中, 在第二个安置周.
I have no previous teaching experience – can i still get involved?
绝对, 阿斯顿医学院 will support you with training to establish your site as an undergraduate teaching practice.
Are there any additional commitments required of the GP Educator?
- A mandatory annual half-day training at the Medical School (which is funded)
- If no previous experience in education, then training to up-skill
- A commitment to engage in peer review of teaching every 3 years
- 确认全科医生教育人员已经接受了其临床角色的所有强制性培训，包括平等和多样性方面的培训, that there is sufficient time in their job plan to deliver the requirements of the placement, 而且没有GMC条件, 健康问题, or pending investigations that restrict the role of the GP Educator
What are the requirements for the site to be eligible for Year 1 placements?
- 从医学院乘坐公共交通(如果您的手术距离更远的话)到全科医生诊所的通勤时间约为1小时, you may be eligible for placements in subsequent years)
- The most recent CQC overall rating is either Good or Outstanding
- There is suitable capacity of facilities and staffing, 包括咨询的房间, 它访问, 临床及行政人员, and mechanisms for induction and reporting concerns
- If the site is involved in teaching other healthcare professionals (either medical/nursing/ PA/pharmacy/HCA 等. 本科/研究生水平), then there are suitable mechanisms to delineate responsibilities, 让员工了解每个组别的角色, and there is sufficient capacity and no overall conflict of interest
- 在接下来的几个月里, 阿斯顿医学院 will offer a Service Level Agreement with your GP Surgery
- All GP Surgeries who have an SLA in place will be asked to state their capacity for teaching Year 1 students
- A Quality Assurance visit will be arranged over the summer
- If the GP Surgery is approved, training dates will be offered in September